The 29er World Council and Executive created a program that initially began in 2013 to work with developing nations and growing fleets and to Coach the Coaches, leaving a legacy. Below is the outline to implement the project and offer some of our sailors the chance to introduce 29ers to these newer countries.
Countries requesting a Clinic
Complete the Clinic request form and submit to the Int. 29er Class office for consideration and scheduling.
Sailors Offering Coaching
Complete the Coaching form and submit to the Int. 29er Class office for consideration and scheduling.
Clinics to new countries/fleets
- Program (Int. 29er
- Country provides housing, meals & coach boat/fuel for coach as well as transportation to/from airport and club.
- Country provides equipment (marks, audio/visual, etc) for clinic
- We would utilize coaches in appropriate hemispheres and those that can speak in the host country’s language or an agreed upon language for better comprehension.
- Clinics could be held prior to a regatta to apply knowledge learned.
The Int. 29er Class may be able to provide stickers and additional promotional items if requested in advance.
These guides are in PDF format. You may need the free Acrobat reader to view, download it here.
- 29er rigging_manual
- 29er boat specs
- 29er Spinnaker Halyard systems
- Tips for Heavy Teams
- Julians 29er tips
- raising centerboards
- determing jib trim