Int. 29er Class championship bid form: here
Please submit completed bids to: 29er class office: o
Any questions, please contact the 29er Class office
**Note: 29er Executive voted June 2017 to adjust rotation for Worlds to European/non-European venues for the following reasons:
- After careful consideration, the 29er Class Executive Committee has decided to revise the rotation of its World Championships effective for 2019. The Executive takes this step to ensure that future World Championships have an adequate supply of charter boats.
- Beginning in 2019, World Championships will be held in Europe for four consecutive years followed by one year outside of Europe. The rotation, which is available on the 29er Class website, will be
- o 2019 – Europe (POL selected in 2016)
- o 2020 – Europe
- o 2021 – Europe
- o 2022 – Europe
- o 2023 – Any continent but Europe
- The deadline for bids for the 2020 World and European Championships has been extended to January 1, 2018. We have made this extension to accommodate World Sailing’s decision to select the 2020 Youth Worlds venue in the fall of 2017.
- The Class has created a new, online bidding format that will be available shortly. Bids previously submitted in the old format will be considered as is or the bidding organization my resubmit its bid with the new format.
- The Class will continue to utilize its online voting system for selecting World and European Championships. The bid review and comment period and the voting schedule will be announced shortly and, for 2020 events, will take place after the January 1 bid deadline.
Rotations may be subject to change as the ISAF Youth World venues are selected.
|year||rotation||venue||event date||bid due||
|Youth World Venue|
Pwllheli, Wales, GBR
June 25, 2013
Dec 15-Jan 16
||July 25-30||June 25, 2013||2013||
Long Beach, CA, USA
|July 29-Aug 5||**Sept 1 due to rotation change||2014||
|29th July- 3rd Aug||1 month prior to AGM-2016||2016||
|bids due Jan 1||2018||
|June 29-July 4||* Nov 1
|22-27 August||* Nov 1||2015|
|1 December, 2015||2016|
|1 month prior to AGM-2016||2017|
|26th July - 1st August||bids due Jan 1||2018|
|legend||green: confirmed||blue: in negotiations||red: in consideration|