3 International races will be held in Catalonia, close to Barcelona this winter and everyone is invited to attend:
- CHRISTMAS RACE
- December 18-23
- Venue: CV Palamós (close to Girona, 40km from the French border)
- Description: For the first time, besides the Olympic classes also all youth Olympic classes are included into this traditional, fascinating and ISAF ranked regatta.
- Contact: Carlos Palomares .
- INTERNATIONAL GRAND PRIX - VILA DE BLANES
- January 2-5
- Venue: CV Blanes (south of Girona and only 50km south of Palamos)
- Description: Traditional 420 and Europe regatta with large international fleets and sure morning winds. Second year for 29ers.
- Contact: Juanmi Aguirre
- EUROCUP #1 – SPAIN (VELANIUM TROPHY)
- February 15-17
- Venue: St. Carles de la Rápita (180km south of Barcelona)
- Description: 3rd edition of the first Eurocup of the year. Expected fleet of 45 boats and more. Sure winds and soft temperatures.
- Contact: Eduard Rodés – Email =
All venues are not far away from the French border so easily accessible by highway from France.
Foreign crews will be granted the possibility to leave their boats either in Palamos or Blanes without charge during 1-2 months (or with a very small charge if longer). This may help them decide to leave their boats in sunny Spain during the winter months and take part in all or some of the above mentioned races.
The catalan fleet has now twelve 29ers, so maybe foreign crews can also organize clinics here or take part at trainings in the two clubs that have the strongest fleets: CN El Balís and CN El Garraf.